CAPITAL GROUP LUG S.A.
The LUG S.A. is a holding company consisting of LUG S.A. as the dominant company, six subsidiaries and one affiliate.
- The LUG S.A. is a dominant company of the LUG S.A. Capital Group and it holds 100 % of shares of the related subsidiaries. Operating activities of the Company are focused on overall monitoring and control over the related companies performance and furthermore the implementation of development strategy through the expansion of sales representation on domestic and foreign markets.
The Company history dates back to 1989 when the LUG was established in the form of civil partnership. In October 1990 its activity range was broadened through opening two company stores and the company name was changed to the Production, Trade and Service Company “LUG” Czesław & Ryszard Wtorkowski (Zakład Produkcyjno - Handlowo - Usługowy „LUG” Czesław i Ryszard Wtorkowscy).
One year later the Company began conducting their business at Kręta Street 5 in Zielona Góra and significantly broadened the area to encompass wholesale trade of lighting luminaires, electric materials and devices. LUG continued to develop a retail network by use of its own company stores.
In April 2001 the company changed its legal form - from a civil partnership to a limited liability company. The main object of the business activity conducted by the Company remained manufacturing the lighting luminaires and retail of electric materials. LUG specialized in the realization of investments in the area of designing and carrying out electrical works.
In result of production increase and as a response to market demand, the decision was taken to narrow down the business scope to the manufacturing of lighting luminaires.
In 2005, a dependent enterprise T.O.W. Ukraine was established. Target activity of this company was promotion of the LUG brand in Ukraine.
On the 3rd of September 2007 the LUG limited liability company was transformed into a joint stock company.
- On the 1st of August 2008 the LUG Light Factory Ltd. – a dependent subsidiary, took over the present business activity of the Issuer and since then it has been focused on designing, implementation and production of luminaires;
- Since the 11th of September 2008 the LUG GmbH has became a part of international trade network of the LUG S.A. Capital Group and its main activity is sales & promotion of LUG products on the German market;
- The T.O.W. LUG Ukraine has been set-up in 2005 and it used to distribute LUG brand products in Ukraine. At present, the activity of this enterprise has been restrained due to difficult conditions for business in Ukraine caused by unfavorable economic standing of this country, widespread law-breaking and corrupt practices.
- On 29.06.2012 new subsidiary LUG do Brasil Ltda has joined to the LUG S.A. Capital Group. Development objectives of the Group supported by Brazilian economy analysis were the key factors of decision about establishing the company in one of the most significant in terms of investments country.
The goal of new subsidiary in Capital Group is strengthening the presence of the brand in South America.
- On 10.09.2013 legal procedures connected with operational work of LUG Lighting UK Ltd. were finished. Before that day for 2 years trade office in London has been working. LUG Lighting UK Ltd is a base for further development of sales in United Kingdom and Ireland. It will allow to reach competences for creation of consultancy and trade centre.
Simultaneously with establishment of LUG Lighting UK Ltd. the showroom of innovative LED luminaires was opened in London office.
- LUG Argentina SA - an affiliate, registered on August 30, 2017 in Buenos Aires. The purpose of the LUG Argentina SA is to conduct industrial activities, including manufacturing, processing and assembling lighting luminaires; sale of lighting luminaires and accessories; providing technical expertise for a diverse portfolio of LUG lighting fixtures and technology, including energy saving projects.
- On 09.09.2017 new subsidiary named BIOT Sp. z o.o. has joined the Capital Group of LUG S.A. LUG S.A. and TOKA Burzyński Guzowski Sp.j. combined their strengths, resulting in a new technology company, whose main area of activity will be research and stimulation of developments in the field of new lighting technologies. The partnership will allow LUG S.A. for faster development and realization of strategic assumptions of the Capital Group.
Graphic presentation of the LUG S.A. Capital Group structure (pdf, EN)
Structure of the LUG S.A. Capital Group (pdf, EN)
Detailed information about companies of the LUG S.A. Capital Group (pdf)